Clearblue fertility monitor?

I got pregnant my first cycle using the monitor after ttc for 2 1/2 years and would like to use it again when we start ttc but I haven't got my period yet from having my daughter due to me breastfeeding. Can I still use the monitor? If so do I just start testing and wait til it tells me I'm ovulating if I do? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I say yes, start testing and start trying if you do ovulate! Because you're nursing, you may not ovulate every month, but at least you'll catch it when you do!

GOOD LUCK!!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Using the monitor now would actually be a good idea (assuming you can afford it). Otherwise, unless you're charting as well, you won't know when you ovulate until your period starts. Of course, it could be next week or three months from now or longer, so it might get a bit expensive. But you'd have that extra chance before your period comes back (and who knows, you might catch it the first time and get lucky and not have to worry about a period between pregnancies).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2009