Copart.com

My DH heard about this company named Copart that you can buy or sell cars online. Apparently it's an auction company. If you want to buy cars you bid online against other buyers. The company claims if you want to sell any car (even those that don't pass smog tests) they're sure the cars can be sold within a week. I'm wondering if this is a legitimate company. I don't want my DH to be scammed. His friend is encouraging him to sell his old 'junk' online through the company. Has anyone heard about this company?

wanita61

Asked by wanita61 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'd be suspicious of anyone claiming they can sell a car like that. Why not just place a classified ad and sell the car?
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Yes Copart is about a mile away from our house, they mostly sell rundown cars that a normal auction could not sell
    Anonymous

• Take care - in most states you're only allowed to sell about 2 cars a year without a dealer license, and those are quite troublesome and costly to get.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Yes Copart is a ligit company. I worked for another auction company, but not Copart.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 12:58 AM on Oct. 11, 2009