Are any of you currently taking or have taken the weight loss drug Adipex. If so, what was your expierence like?

Firebirdvixen

Asked by Firebirdvixen at 6:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I took xenical-it was not too nice.

No drug will be really its stimulating your body to do something its not supposed to.

I found something that works great though.

Here is the brochure for it http://www.forevergreen.org/downloads/FormFactsBrochure.pdf

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I started taking Adipex and then switched to it's generic form (I have no idea what it's called). I have been struggling to take off the weight from my 2nd child, who is almost 2 years old now. It has been working very well - I have lost 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks. There are some major side affects though - 1. I have broken out on my shoulders, chest, back, and face very badly - like to the point where I don't want to show my shoulders and back off, 2. it makes you VERY hyper - so do not take it at night or you won't sleep, 3. you do poo after eating meals (not all, but some) - so heads up. I have found it to be very successful and really like it. I know diet pills are not the healthiest way, but I suck at dieting and suck at working out. Good luck girl!
    SuzyQ515

Answer by SuzyQ515 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I am taking phentermine, which I think is the generic of Adipex. I've lost 24 pounds in 10 weeks., so it's been working well for me. I am also having the problem with breaking out, not the poo issue though, and definitely somewhat hyper.

I also agree that diet pills are not the best choice, but I'd tried everything, and just seemed to need a boost. High cholesterol and tryglicerides aren't healthy either, and I'm hoping that this will help me to get those down. I'm exercising, and have totally changed my eating habits.

Let us know how you do!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:26 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I have been taking Adipex (Phentermine.. yes its an amphetimine) for 3 weeks on wednesday (10-14-09.) I am 5ft 7in tall, 27years old (since oct4) and thus far i have gone from 195lbs to 181lbs and from a size 15jeans to a size 13jeans (juniors sizes.) When i first started taking it i had to force feed myself when i ate because food became completely uninteresting to me. It didnt look good, Taste good, or smell good. That lasted for about 5 days. Now i eat a little something every 5 hrs or so. Breakfasts are usually yogurt and a cereal bar and coffee. Lunches are normally soup. Dinners consist of mostly Lean cuisines, and snax consist of Fiber Plus Bars, a cereal bar, yogurt, or granola. Drinks are coffee in the morning and sobe lifewater, vitamin water, or 100% juices, and an occasional smoothie or DIET no cal soda pop. l also excersise 3 times a week or more.
    Firebirdvixen

Answer by Firebirdvixen at 2:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• When i first started taking it i had some trouble sleeping because i was wound up like a 2 dollar watch, even though i was taking my Adipex 15hrs before bedtime. That has subsided though, and now i sleep great and wake up refreshed, alert, and very well rested. I have begun to break out in moderate acne on my face (mostly forhead and jawline) and a little on my shoulders. I'm assuming its because amphetamines stimulate pores to release more oils.. and also cuz i sweat alot now if im up moving around at all. I dont poo all that often (TMI i know!!) prolly because I dont eat that much, and when i do eat its healthy, vitamin rich foods that my body uses almost all of, so theres less extruded matter. I am keeping a food/activity/daily weight (as dictated by my digi bathroom scale) journal at the request of my doctor who is also a nutritionalist. I have to go see her again on the 23rd of this month so she can evaluate my progress.
    Firebirdvixen

Answer by Firebirdvixen at 2:17 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I took Adipex, actually the generic form. Same thing, just cheaper. lol. I lost 25 pounds on it and the only bad side effects I had was sometimes constipation, and insomnia, but other than that, I like the meds, but I decided now to focus on getting in to shape rather than just losing weight and still being out of shape, you know? It's slightly addictive so be careful. I missed it terribly after going off, because it helped me wake up early with lots of energy, which is something I loved because I have such a hard time waking up early or feeling energized when I do wake up.
    Anonymous

• Diets and diet aids are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like meal suggestions.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2009