anyone use swish peroxide in your mouth and spit it out to whiten your teeth?

does it really work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes it does work. Its the same thing as using the whitening strips except the strips have peroxide in gel form
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 6:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Really? is that what they put in those? But anywho...DON'T DO IT!!!! peroxide eats away at your enamel (the coating that protects your teeth) it doesn't grow back!! so every time you lose some of it you make your teeth more sensitive and prone to cavities.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 6:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• also, it tastes soooooo disgusting.....
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 6:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• "peroxide eats away at your enamel (the coating that protects your teeth) it doesn't grow back!!"

------------

Really? isn't there a toothpaste that claims it helps your enamel grow back or something? they show a really porous(sp??) tooth(drawing) and after you use their stuff it's solid again.
    Anonymous

• I dont think it actually helps it grow back. I think its more like the "male enhancers" that you have to continue taking otherwise it goes back to normal.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 7:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• the dentist said when hubby got tooth pulled to do that for pain to clean the area.
    SaphiraJFire

Answer by SaphiraJFire at 7:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Ugh. When I was a kid, I got some kind of infection or something on my tounge and I had to swish with peroxide for a minute at a time, every 4 hours for something like a week. Just the thought of it makes me gag.
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• im using it now about 2-3 times daily for my wisdom tooth infection til i can get that sucker pulled. as far as whitening, not sure but i think so.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Make a paste out of water & baking soda and brush with that and it will help whiten; doesn't taste good....
    Anonymous