Could I possibly be pregnant?

Wow! Ok so 4 weeks, I had unprotected sex with My Hubby, I just had My baby 7 weeks ago. They say you should wait at 6 weeks, but I felt fine. And now I don't have My period, although I am nursing which is normal not to have one. But I am feeling sick the past 3 weeks now, on and off, I have a very stuffy nose and itchy eyes, may be from allergies, and I have sore breasts, but I am nursing. I don't know what's really going on!

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 6:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you have been only breastfeeding, no bottles or pacifiers, and your baby isn't sleeping through the night it would be very unlikely for you to be pregnant.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• What you're describing it doesn't sound like you're pregnant. The only 'symptom' that fits pregnancy is that you had unprotected sex. I'm sure some women can ovulate within weeks or a month or two of delivery but unlikely.

Your symptoms sound like a cold or allergies. The pollen count is really high right now for several days and still where I live. My 21 yo daughter's in bad shape from that with the symptoms you have.

She's using washcloths on her eyese to ease the itchiness in addition to sitting in a steamed shower for moist heat for congestion and nose.

If you're breastfeeding exclusively, no formula or little formula only, that would definitely keep your period from coming, although you could still get pregnant.

In about two or three weeks just take a pregnancy test. Feel better

lfl

Answer by lfl at 6:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• sorry i have to interject to gailll..... yes you can. i am living proof. i ebf (no supplements or ANYTHING) my dd and she didnt sleep through the night when i got preggo with my son. she was 6 weeks old when i conceived. i didnt find out i was preg again until she was almost 3 months.. i never once had a "symptom" or my period. (b/c of bfing) i simply woke up one morning with a gut feeling.. an instinct if you will i just had a feeling i was preg again.. luckily i still had a leftover test in my bathroom from my dd and sure enough 2 bright pink lines clear as day. so im here to tell you it is possible.
    to op- if you have a feeling that keeps nagging at you despite whatever else dont ignore it.. just wait a little longer and get a blood test.
    idebusashes

Answer by idebusashes at 7:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Oh wow! I can see it now... Having 2 toddlers running around... Yikes.
    I don't know, I have no idea on this sort of thing, but I have heard if your breast feeding your chances of getting pregnant is really low.
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• You don't sound pregnant to me! And i believe that idebusashes must be the exception not the rule. I didn't even get my period back after i had my first baby until he was 8 months old. The second baby is turning 1 next week and i still haven't gotten my period back this time. I also exclusively breastfed both babies for the first 6 months. I wouldn't worry about it, but if you can't put the feeling to rest then just pee on a stick in the comfort of your own bathroom.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2009