• In the Spotlight:

To the divorced mommas,how long after ur divorce did u begin to date?

& when is it ok to introduce ur children to the new man?????I have some issues with this situation??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I started dating when we had been separated AND seeking divorce for one year. No one was introduced to my kids until I met DH - the decision then was based on how serious I was about this guy and that I expected him to be a round a while. We'd been dating about 4 weeks (but also my kids were older).
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I started dating during the separation but after the divorce was filed, too. I introduced my kids to all my friends. If I happened to date one or two of them I didn't treat them any differently than other friends (no kissing no hand holding no sex around the kids) so it wasn't confusing for them.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I didn't start dating until the divorce was final - more than a year after the separation. The only guy my kids ever met is now my dh. I wouldn't have introduced them to anyone I had been dating less than 6 months - I think it takes that long to really know someone and know whether or not it's going to last.

Answer by missanc at 8:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I dated my best friend right after my divorced was finally, I think our first date was 3 weeks after it was final. My kids did meet him, but that was b/c I had known him since years before I got married, so I introduced him as a friend. We are still friends in fact, but not as close anymore. We broke up a few months later, and I didn't date again until probably a year after we broke up. I dated a few guys for a few months, and then stopped. Then I went probably about 4 yrs w/o dating, and was dating a guy recently for about 5 months until we broke up a few weeks ago b/c he's nuts. lol The only guy I dated that my kids met was my friend. I wouldn't bring around a guy I was dating until I knew that we were very, very serious.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• *after my divorce was final* sorry, my head and my fingers didn't agree on what I should say. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I waited about 6 months just because thats when I felt ready. I didnt introduce my now dh until I was SURE it was a secure relationship. I did not want to subject my only child to just any man. My child was about 16 months old when we decided our relationship was serious and decided to introduce them to each other. That was about 10 years ago. My oldest now has 2.5 younger siblings and has had no issues with my dh. He actually asked when he was 2 what a "daddy" was when I explained he asked if my dh was his daddy? It was quite cute but also an awakening moment.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 5:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2009