when did you get pregnant again with your second child?

I think I may be pregnant again, I had sex when My baby was 4 weeks old. She is now 7 weeks. I have noticed many pregnancy sympthoms, but am confused, since My body is trying to get back to normal cycle. I have had unprotected but didn't go all the way with My hubby. So I am thinking there's no way I could be pregnant again! I took a Pregnancy test last week at the doctors it was negative. But I would have only been almost 3 weeks. I am not sure if it's still too early, or if I should take one today? I don't want to start the Birth control pill yet until I truly know for sure!

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 6:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not saying you should follow my lead but... 6 weeks postpartum. yep you guessed it.. soon as the doc gave the green light boom. lol and i was back on bc literally 3 days after giving birth so i know i had enough built up in my system.. took it religiously too.. every day at 6 am when my 1st baby woke up! lol
    idebusashes

Answer by idebusashes at 7:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I'd go back to doctor's in three weeks to a month and get a blood pregnancy test. That should confirm or deny. Not going all the way doesn't mean anything. Condoms and spermicidal gel are ok to use even if pregnant and easy work in.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 7:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• The test at the office was too soon... but you could test at home now and it would be accurate. A blood pregnancy test can be accurate as soon as 72 hours after conception.

If your'e breastfeeding it's quite unlikely that you'd be pregnant again so soon (if you're fully breastfeeding and not supplimenting). If not then anything goes, though withdrawl IS a form of birth control and it DOES significantly decrease your chances of getting pregnant.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• ati.. i would like to know your sources for this info.. b/c i got preggo while exclusively breast feeding- NO supplementing! and also.. you ever heard of precum? or a leaky faucet? you realize that during sex that you can get pregnant from it? in fact it is proven to have a higher concentration of sperm then the cum itself.
    idebusashes

Answer by idebusashes at 7:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• 4 years later
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 7:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• The pull-out method is not effective at preventing pregnancy; there's sperm in the pre-cum, too, as a PP has said.

And if you had sex at 4 weeks post-partum, then you would now be 5 weeks pregnant, not 3 (if you're pregnant); pregnancy starts at the last menstrual cycle, which is always assumed to be 2 weeks before ovulation/conceptions, so you have to add 2 weeks to the date you conceived. And 5 weeks is usually sufficient to get a positive test.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2009