Switching to cows milk?

My son is about to turn 1 and I was needing to know how to switch him to cows milk, start with half formula and half cow milk or just stop giving him formula and make a straight switch? Should I expect runny poop or constipation??
Thanks for all the help.

trl30

Asked by trl30 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • some moms mix,but i wouldnt, i waterd down my lil ones milk,ive warmed it up.i know if they dont take to it,wait a day or 2 then try again.id def stop giving him formula shortly after he turns one though.there are other ways to give him dairy,like yogart,pudding,ect.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Just try giving him milk and see what happens.

If he hates it, then mix it with formula. If he's got constipation, then give him more fiber in his diet.

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 7:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• You could do either, but if he doesn't like cow's milk try warming it up. My dd didn't like it at all until someone suggested warming it up- then she loved it more than formula.
    Anonymous

• I warmed mine up for my son at first and gradually made it colder and colder. Came straight from the fridge by 18 mos. He was cut off of formula and given milk. I had no problems.
    midnightshadow2

Answer by midnightshadow2 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2009