another stupid question...

as everyone knows i hate my neighbor.so be it.i went over my friends house that i havnent seen all summer.well in the spring we planned for her daughters bday party.so we talked and she said that she had the party and invited the girl next store that we dont get along with.the 2 girls dont even play.well my daughter was not invited to this party.she is hurt and frankly so am i.i do not know what to make of this.these woman arent even friends and this one lady knows that we are not neighborly to each other.i dont know why she didnt invite my daughter or why she invited the other girl or even why she told me in the first place...any ideas...the girls are 10.yes i did post this in another catagory to get a childs perspective for my daughter...

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I say your friend is no longer your friend. Seems she has become chummy with the neighbor you don't get along with, to the point where you were excluded from a party that you had planned together. Birds of a feather, I always say!

Girls of ALL ages can be very catty and competitive with one another...just look at this site! LOL This is just the first in a LONG line of disappointments your daughter is going to have to deal with. Better that she learns that not everyone is going to like her or be her friend even if she is the sweetest, kindest, prettiest, smartest, most talented person on the planet! She should just get involved with groups/sports with likeminded individuals--that's where she and YOU will make better friends! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• oh well, have your own special day and screw them, sorry for ur dd
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 7:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• "Better that she learns that not everyone is going to like her or be her friend even if she is the sweetest, kindest, prettiest, smartest, most talented person on the planet! She should just get involved with groups/sports with likeminded individuals--that's where she and YOU will make better friends! :o)"

This is absolutely the best advice anyone can give you on this matter. You need to put it out of your mind and move on. Don't dwell on it because you will only upset your dd and make her feel even worse for not being invited. Kids at this age, especially girls, are so vulnerable to rejection. Instead of trying to force a friendship with a girl or girls that don't want to hang with your dd, let her find her own group. Every kid gravitates to other kids they have things in common with. You dd may not end up 'one of the popular girls' but what is more important is that she makes good friends with kids she can trust.
    TTK

Answer by TTK at 9:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Yea why are women so petty that it comes to them not letting their children have a good time and make friends just because they are not getting along at the time. STOP ACTING LIKE 2 YEAR OLD BRATS!
    Anonymous

• what???????????????????????
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 8:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2009