did you drink alcohol and you were a few weeks pregnant? Did you get drunk or just tipsy? How was your baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I hardly ever drank wen i was preggo the most i ever had was 1 or 2 captain and cokes.. and my son was born just fine
    Anonymous

• I did drink before I found out I was pregnant. The weeks before I found out, I had 2 birthday parties to go to and an out of state wedding. I didn't get drunk because I wasn't feeling right because of the pregnancy. My daughter is now 9 months and so far she seems fine. My doc said not to worry about it when I was pregnant
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 8:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I drank once. I didn't know that I was pregnant though, because if I had known, I wouldn't have drank. I'm very against drinking, doing drugs, smoking cigarettes, and taking medications that can be harmful to the baby. I was at the very beginning of my pregnancy, probably about the second week or third, because I'd taken a pregnancy test and it came up negative so I thought I was okay to drink and plus I had gotten my period, it was a day or two late, but I thought it was okay. But when I found out that I was 6 weeks pregnant at the doctor after I missed my period and taking 2 HPTs that were positive, I felt HORRIBLE and NEVER drank or did anything to harm my child. I miscarried at 19 wks though, because I had gotten an infection in my blood, and had to have a blood transfusion. She was perfect when she was born though. Nothing was physically wrong with her.
    meggera007

Answer by meggera007 at 8:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I never drank when I knew I was pregnant, or even suspected I was. Drinking while pregnant is one of my hot button issues and I do not have a high opinion of women who drink while pregnant or Drs who condone it.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I drank before I knew I was pregnant: I had about 3 beers and one shot of liquor. I found out a few days later that I was 8 weeks preggo. (Had no idea - we'd been taking precautions so it wasn't even a thought in my mind!) My daughter is now 2-1/2 and she is perfectly healthy!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• i got drunk once in early pregnancy. it only takes me a couple drinks to get drunk but still... and my son is 2 now and perfectly normal. of course in my opinion he's above normal ;)
    Anonymous

• i did but i didnt know i was. DH left one day to go back on tour, and i flew home the next day. Well, I didn't know when I was pregnant, so when I got home, friends took me out a few times. I didn't know until i was a month along though. I had no symptoms. I had only drank 4 times, but I still felt horrible. So far he is growing super healthy.

I do have a friend who drank while she was pregnant, and her son is very tiny for his age, and has a lot of issues. But she drank a lot. My mom smoked with me, and I get winded very easy. That is my only issue from that, but its still annoying.
    Anonymous

• I got trashed before I found out I was pregnant.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I used to drink a lot and did before i found out i was pregnant with my son, he is now a healthy happy 4 year old. I drank once or twice before i found out i was pregnant with my daughter and she is a healthy 16 month old. I never got wasted when i was pregnant with my daughter but i think i might have when i was pregnant with my son (of course before i knew i was pregnant) but i still feel bad about it even though they are both healthy kids.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Both babies I was **** faced knock out drunk more than once before I found out I was pregnant. The first time I was a partier, the second I was on vacation and also my brothers wedding. I can not even begin to explain the guilt I felt BUT both kids turned out happy and healthy. No complications/disorders or diseases thank god.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2009