My 2 wk old is wanting to eat every 2 hours he is drinking 4oz of formula at each feeding! I was told his tummy cant hold no more than 4 oz! Do u ladies have any advice? He goes back to doc monday

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• add alittle rice to it to make it more filling
    Anonymous

• My daughter ate much more than the doc told me she would consume. She was eating about the same around 2 weeks and just as frequent. Everyone kept telling babies don't over eat, which I don't believe. I think when my daughter ate too much, she would end up throwing up. Not much but a little.I wouldn't worry about it. I love all my daughter's rolls!
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 7:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• that sounds like what my daughter did! Just ask Dr when you go but I wouldn't worry about it until then
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Oh, one more thing. My doc said not to add baby rice cereal until she was 2 months. So, ask your doc before you do anything
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• * jennbear22 thats funny my son was eating rice from birth, and it was a specialist that told me to do so..... so apparently that isnt true
    Anonymous

• You do not add rice to their bottle unless told to do so by their pediatricians. Just because you were told to do it for your child doesn't mean you should go around telling others to do it.

But, the child isn't going to get an ear infection from trying to suck the rice out of the bottle (You don't make it thick..) ..

KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• first off i am a diffrent person so dont dump all over me i was just simply saying that and anyways if u r only going to listen to doctors advice them why ask a question on here about it why not call the doc.....?
    Anonymous

• I think that you should give your child 6oz and see if that holds him over longer then two hours. My DD was drinking 5-6oz by the time she was 3wks old. oh and by the way I had my DD on cereal in the bottle at 3wks and eating off the spoon at 7 wks old. Don't believe everything that is told to you.
    Anonymous

• DO NOT ADD RICE TO IT......ARE YOU NUTS?! A two wekk olds tummy cannot handle rice yet in the bottle nor is it good to put in the bottle at that age. if you add rice to there bottle at that age he/she can get an ear infection from trying to suck the rice through the bottle. at least thats what the PED told my hubby and i. Also ur baby is still young so its at a demand feeding for now..untill its older.
    jennbear22

Answer by jennbear22 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I guess i should have made it clear...since most didnt read my post..im going by what OUR pediatrician told us. I would'nt give your son rice in his bottlle NOR by a spoon unless told by a proffesional..there tummys arent developed enough for them to have it;.
    jennbear22

Answer by jennbear22 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2009