My ten m onth old is biting me??? As in no one else!!! That is good in one regard, but why?????

Twice it was when he was fustrated,tired. He also has been getting teeth fairly quick. He has seven, four on top and three on bottom. The third time he was carried away happy. They were all on the shoulder. HELP!!!!!

hapemom

Asked by hapemom at 8:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just about every child goes through a bitin phase if he was older i would sugest to bite him back but where he is so young i dont think it would work! Sorry im not much help!
    Anonymous

• I flicked my son on the cheek to get him to stop and told him no. It's normal for them to go through the phase, but a light flick and a firm no should do the trick. They're old enough to start to understand the word. It might take a bit, but they sooner or later get the picture.
    midnightshadow2

Answer by midnightshadow2 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• It's probably from the teething. My kids did that too. It's just a phase. Just tell him no in a serious tone and he'll stop eventually. If he was older and doing it out of anger i would say bite him back, but he's still young and innocent. sorry about your shoulders:-(
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Mine has bit me a time or two. I quickly move her away from my body so she is no longer biting me, in a firm voice tell her no, then sit her down in her play pen or high chair for a min while I get myself back together from being bitten. After you take care of your wound if it is bleeding pick the child up and gently repeat "no biting" then give her a hug. That is what I do.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 11:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• ok not to dis the others.... but I'm not a big fan or flicking or biting my son. He was biting and what i did was picked him up and set him far from me telling him firmly "no you do not bite mommy" It took MAYBE 3 days to break him from biting because he realized that everytime he bit me meant I would move him away from me.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• This is just a part of the growing baby. But you may firmly tell your son every time he does the biting to move him away from you and tell him not to do that again. After sometime he will realize that doing such is not a good thing since you are moving him away from you. Do not yell at your baby or something.
    babyworks

Answer by babyworks at 12:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• My son did that too. Most kids go through a biting stage, and I prefer when it's this young. I told him, "No, you do not bite" and then put him down for a while. It worked pretty quick. I've heard it's a lot more difficult to deal with when they're 2, if that's when it happens.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:52 AM on Oct. 11, 2009