How to decide if it is time to have another baby?

I have been really jealous and feeling like everyone else is having babies! My son is already 5 years old and I feel like he is missing out on having a sibling! I just dont know if it is the right time, I am trying to finish college but I have another 2 to 3 years left! We are alright financially but and I am sure we would be fine, just dont know if it would be as comfortable as I would like to be! I am on the depo shot and they say it could take up to 18 mths to get pregnant, so it is something that needs to be planned! Any advice on how to be completely sure?

mrsmamaj

Asked by mrsmamaj at 8:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Only you know what is best for your family. Your friends may have more than 1 child,but you don't know what's else is going in their home. If, you want a baby ,I would get off the birth control in 6 months,they way you will have 6 months to really think about what you and your DH want. I wish you all the best with your education.

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Listen to your heart.

We knew because I just felt it deep inside and the thought wouldnt go away. I just knew it was time to start trying.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I think it depends on the family when they decide its the right time. We didnt have a choice. We had sex 2 last month and found out 2 days ago we are pregnant with our 3. We werent planning on another child right now but it happened for a reason
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I'm in the same boat as you. Minus the college. I want one, money isn't much of an issue, but My son is already 3 and almost in school and I worry that I shouldn't have another so that I can start college when my son starts kindergarten. But then again if I wait till I finish college then my son will be like 10. So then they may be too far apart....I'm just not sure either

Good luck
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:51 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I'm going through this right now. I have an IUD. I'm in college, but if I wait until I'm done . . . well I'll just be older than I would like to have another baby. I want to have my IUD removed and start soon, but he's worried because we only have one income. His income is decent though and we have kept everything from our first child (all neutral colors) so it can all be used again. I'm itching to get pregnant again. Follow your heart. Mine is telling me GET PREGNANT.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:48 AM on Oct. 11, 2009