Tax question?

I did not work at all this year but I did baby sit and I recieved child action from the parent. I got around 750.00. Do I need to file my taxes on that? I am not married yet and last year my fiance was able to claim me and my son so this year I hope getting the child action wont screw us and he wont be able to claim me now...Anyone know? Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't think so. I believe it has to be over a certain amount (around $3000) for you to have to claim it. I am not sure though.
    Anonymous

• Your fiance is not legally able to claim you! You are not a qualifying relative to him. I assume your son is also his son, otherwise he would not be a qualifying relative for your fiance to claim.

You earned over $600 and your client probably reported what you were paid so you are required to file self employment taxes which cover income tax, social security and medicare. Your standard deduction will cover this amount so you won't be paying out.

Out of curiousity, what is child action? If it is anything government related know it will be reported to the IRS.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 8:03 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• You should call a tax professional and ask them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Call the IRS 1-800-829-1040 - Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

Answer by rkoloms at 8:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2009