Would you buy box tops off of ebay for your kids school?

My son keeps begging me to bid on some so that his class can win a Pizza party. I keep telling him that I can just pay for a pizza party in that case. Of course they do help the school. hmmm.... What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No I wouldn't.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• No I would not. That is teaching your son that it is ok to cheat. I also would not buy him the pizza party since he is even considering cheating. Have a talk with him about why it is wrong. If the school needs help you can always make a monetary donation or something like that. But buying boxtops from eBay is just cheating.
    Mom2LexiNJordan

Answer by Mom2LexiNJordan at 8:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I would. I don't see how it's cheating. I wouldn't let my kid eat the crap they came off anyway.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Buying boxtops on ebay is rediculous!By the time you spend the$$ on ebay you could have bought ten boxes of cereal! Not to mention selling them in Ebay just seems morally questionable in itself! Why would you help someone put undeserved $$ in their own pockets that was meant for a charitable purpose! That's not what boxtops were meant for! And I must agree with the others,set an example for your son.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• How is it cheating?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I'm wondering how buying box tops is cheating??
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• It's wrong. It is cheating,everyone else is saving theirs and someone goes and buys them? That's wrong. Not to mention their is a slight possibility it's not authorised by the company who makes box tops to be makin profit off of them. That's not what they were meant for.
    Anonymous

• People sell coupons. Don't see how it is cheating, and I just bought 70 of them for $8. I would have only been able to buy about 3 boxes of cereal in that case. We have tried collecting and we had about 5 in 2 months.
    Anonymous

• I can't believe others don't see anything wrong with giving a person money for boxtops that were meant to help schools! Wow! Selling items that are meant for charitable causes for personal profit is wrong. I'd rather buy the cereal than give some anonymous seller on ebay my $ for something they don't deserve.They should have donated those box tops to their local school not sell on ebay.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I'm guessing I am missing the big deal here?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2009