What are your thoughts on these statements?

Republican leaders seem to be shying away from the RNC's scathing approach, and congratulating Obama on an award that -- beyond the political class -- carries great prestige.

McCain, on CNN: "I can't divine all their intentions, but I think part of their decision-making was expectations. And I'm sure the president understands that he now has even more to live up to. But as Americans, we're proud when our president receives an award of that prestigious category.

Pawlenty: "I would say regardless of the circumstances, congratulations to President Obama for winning the Nobel Prize. I know there will be some people who are saying 'Was it based on good intentions and thoughts or is it going to be based on good results?' But I think the appropriate response is when anybody wins a Nobel Prize that is a very noteworthy development and designation and I think the appropriate response is to say 'Congratulations."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The appropriate answer is

Congratulations President Obama, but most on cafemom don't agree.

Enough with this question already.
    Anonymous

• They have their opinions, I have mine. The NPP is a joke.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Carpy, so are you.
    Anonymous

• Nice, Anon stalker! :::cough::: loser!

Any who, Well that is McCain being Obama's butt buddy. Don't know if you noticed but McCain has been backing Obama's obvious crappy policies and brown nosing for a while now. Pawlenty's reply sounds like he was just being nice, at least he did it respectfully and did not give the LIBS any fuel for the all "republicans hate Obama fire". I think it was very premature for them to award him, but that is their choice. It shows Obama's "Hope" slogan gave a lot of people a nice tingle in their panties! I just know that he will be one of the worst presidents if he talked all this hype and has nothing to show for it, but a dwindling dollar and a broken economy.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Wow, Chrissy, you sound very bitter...or very jealous.
    Anonymous

• I don't care that he got it. I won't congratulate him on anything he hasn't actually accomplished yet. I don't go and give credit to my kid's teachers right after orientation and they tell me what they expect to accomplish during the school year. It's no different with Obama. I think it's funny that even he himself said that he was undeserving yet accepted an award that he feels he doesn't deserve. I bet it was the money (that damned greed thing always gets in the way of politicians).

Anonymous

• Jealous of what? Anon stalker. The fact that at least Carter and Al gore WORKED to get the NPP yet Obama was awarded it on the wings of "Hope" he will accomplish something. You Anon losers are so funny!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Yep crissy its stupid and sets a lousey example for our youth..BUT it isnt too surprising really the ones giving it are ultra libs.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• if obama wanted to do the right thing he would have given it back so someone who did deserve it could have got it but i guess his big ego got in the way.i just hope he doesn't give the money to acorn.
    georgia362

Answer by georgia362 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• DID OJ SIMSON GET THAT SAME PRIZE? At least Obama did do alot before he got president and as for McCain, 1st cousin to Dick Chaney, he would have let Dick run it all again like he has done with the last 5 presidents! Dick has done all the bad to this country and needs to go!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Oct. 11, 2009