Found black mold in bathtub....can you mix scrubbing bubbles and vinegar?

My husband started to clean it last night with scrubbin bubbles...and tonight poured vinegar down the drain.. he wanted to finish getting the mold off tonight with the scrubbing bubbles agian but something tells me your not suppose to mix it? I called poision control and the lady wanst sure, just said we need to be careful of mixing stuff. i really wanted to take a bath tonight but I am not sure now how to safely get this stuff out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Health

• The only thing I know tht will kill it is Borax powder. You can buy it at walmart in the laundry section. It is cheap, less than $5 a box. I would just mix it as a powder and rub it on the mold. I would then let it sit for 30-45 minutes. Make sure you wear gloves though as it will burn your skin if you have direct contact.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Bleach, it will kill it, run water down the drain for at least 15 minutes then pour in the bleach.
    Anonymous

• Do not mix scrubbing bubbles with anything.

Bleach does not kill mold. It causes rapid mold sporalation-- that's when mold sends out it's "seeds" to repopulate. The EPA website will explain the science if you need to fact check.

Rinse the surface with cool water. Always clean mold with cool water to reduce sporalation. Use Hydrogen Peroxide to kill it and whiten the stain. This is the cheapest solution.

I used to work for a company that makes an enzyme based mold cleaner that is very effective. But they are snakes and I hope they are all victims of lifelong hemorrhoids. However, enzyme based cleaners work well on mold. They remove it but do not kill or whiten.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• well, he used the scrubbing bubbles and got all of it. I just hope it was okay to mix it.. I mean it wasnt totally mixed, but he poured down the vinegar first... I feel a bit light headed but been feeling off the past few days anyways lol thanks for your input girls he wouldnt wait lets just hope its all good
    Anonymous

• Tilex works best
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• You should never, ever mix a commercial cleaner with anything. Tilex is great for mildew, as is bleach.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2009