Sorry TMI my son and his dog

I'm starting to potty train my son and today he decided to bend over and poop on the floor. The dog ate it!! This happen to anyone else? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Dogs eat the weirdest crap sometimes  ;)     Okay, I've caught my husbands dog eating his OWN poop and poop out of my cats litter box.  It's freaking disgusting but sometimes, you just have to laugh and move on.  Obviously there was something in your sons poop that he wanted, LOL.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• lol,one less mess to clean up.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• One of my dogs is always on "poop patrol". She is looking for it constantly. She has even learned how to open the diaper genie and get the dirty diapers out. Now we have to shut the door to my sons room so she can't get into the diapers. She also likes the litter boxes so they are put in the laundry room with a baby gate so she can't get in. Some dogs are just like that-it is really gross.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• My little brother potty trained by going outside for the longest time. He would NOT use the toilet until there was serious snow on the ground that year. The dog would follow him and be right there at his butt waiting for it. We all tried everything to get the baby to go in the potty and the dog to go away. It was awful. We never wanted company over during those several months.

Dogs who eat poop often have 1 or both of these problems: inadequate nutrition in their feed OR weaned too early as pups. Try mixing a supplement into the dog food. You really don't want a dog drooling by the potty chair.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• LMAO...embarassed to say, but YES my male dauchshund so grabbed an "accicdent" my son had on the floor one night before bathtime. I wanted to laugh...cause I just thought "oh my" and I wanted to thank my dog for cleaning up the "oops" cause the bath water was running!!! LOL You're not the only one:)
    bamsmama23

Answer by bamsmama23 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Haha, my dog will eat her own poop sometimes. I don't know why, but she does! We tried to break her of it by giving her some pills from the pet store. They seemed to work. She also likes to eat the cat litter too, yuck. That is now hidden so she can't get to it.

My son is only 16 months and I'm sure we'll go through this too, LOL.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• ewww, no, but that's funny!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Children for the longest time are afraid to make a poop in the toilet so this behavior may go on for a little while however as soon as your son gets the hang of the potty then this embarrassing act might discontinue. Some dogs especially females take on the mothering role and take it as second nature to clean up after what they deem their puppy...since they clean up the waste of puppies until they are old enough to be either adopted or no longer take an interest in the feces as the composition of the stools change... dogs primarily eat feces for the reason they are lacking something in their diet- ie vitamins and minerals so if your child eats something with a stronger flavor- tomato or onion then the dog will continue with the activity. good luck with the process and hopefully the dog will learn that this behavior is unacceptable.
    lilhawaiianfam

Answer by lilhawaiianfam at 5:23 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• ew my dog did that one day! I was changing DDs diaper and had the diaper laid open to put wipes in. I wiped DDs butt, turned to put the wipe in the diaper, and saw no poop! I said wth? then noticed my dog sitting under her rocking chair, licking his chops. EWWWWWWWW lol I had a great story to tell for a week!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:59 AM on Oct. 11, 2009