Oral sex while pregnant?

The doctor told me you can't have oral sex during pregnancy because air could get pushed in you. I really don't see why that would happen unless he purposely blows. I think having sex causes more air to be pushed in and they say sex is safe. Is there some other reason they say this and have you had oral sex (received) while you were pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• From all the information I've gathered, oral sex is fine during pregnancy as long as he is careful not to blow air into the vagina. I received oral during both my pregnancies (wow it feels weird to say that, lol) and everything was fine.
    Anonymous

• I'd only ever heard that blowing into the vagina is bad, not oral sex in general.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• That air could hurt the baby. Are you willing to risk that? I don't think so!
    Anonymous

• That means that bending down, sitting a certain way, laying a certain way, etc. would be deadly to the baby.  Air makes it's way in there all the time.  I've heard that BLOWING air into a pregnant womans vagina can cause harm.  This is my 3rd pregnancy and I've had oral during all 3 of them.  To be on the safe side, he stays away from the opening, lol. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I honestly have never heard that I did it had it my kids are ok I guess just be careful
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• It's just the blowing of air into the vagina that can be dangerous, as the other ladies have said.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I've never heard of that. Just tell him to breath through his nose =)
    Anonymous

• Do some men have oral sex and tuba playing confused? This is air blowing is the strangest thing I've ever heard. Can anyone point out a site or study that discusses this? I get air in me from certain yoga poses, yes even the ones that are okay for pregnant women.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• "One sexual act to avoid during pregnancy is blowing during oral sex, Foreman adds. 'If oral sex is performed on the pregnant woman while blowing air into the vagina, the woman can develop an air embolus, which can travel to the lung and have potentially fatal consequences.'"

http://www.webmd.com/baby/features/sex-during-pregnancy-is-it-safe

Anonymous