How do you feel about using whiskey or another liquor on a babys gums during the teething stage?

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 10:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Good Grief!

Anonymous

• I'd be afraid of the little bit that they'd swallow would destroy brain cells, since their bodies are so tiny that it wouldn't take very much.

Answer by Bmat at 10:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I don't really have a problem with it. I have heard it is very effective. BUT we don't drink, so . . . It would be HILARIOUS though to run into someone who knows me while I am at the store and then say, "Oh it's not for me, it's for our baby!!!"
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• NO NO NO
    Anonymous

• I don't know. I think a lot of the chemicals in teething gels can be just as harmful. I'd have to know an exact dosage or something.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• From what I have heard you just dip your finger in it and rub it on the baby"s gums. It's about the same amount as you would use of orajel.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• it's fine
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Are you serious? DO NOT put alcohol on a babies gum, you can easily give them alcohol poisioning. Get some Anebesol and Advil.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I just think there are better solutions now. That was fine when it was all there was.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• use pure vanilla extract it has some alcohol in it to numb the gums but not so much it will hurt the baby....and you can even buy it with food stamps
    Anonymous