MY CAT IS NURSING OFF MY DOG !!

Since i got rid of the mother of my kitty, he has been nursing off my chihuaha, my dog recently had pups. I dont know how to stop him from doing that, i have kept him seperated from her for a week now but eventually im going to have to let my dog out of the garage ! what should i do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Pets

• HA!HA!HA!HA!Cute! It's not hurting anything, just leave it! Your kitty was probably not weaned soon enough!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I mean weaned to soon!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• You see this kind of thing in news clips. I've never heard of the milk hurting the kitten. The mother dog will wean the kitty in time.

Answer by Bmat at 10:45 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Let them. There is no danger. They will be good friends this way. If the dog is becoming bothered, she'll put a quick end to it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• aw that's sweet. i'd just let them do it. like ECODANI says if the dog doesnt like it she'll make the kitten stop.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Aaaaaaahh!!! super cute!!!! they'll be fine, i had the same experience.

AVN

=)

kellibelle

Answer by kellibelle at 11:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• It sounds like he was weaned to soon. How old was he when you got rid of the mom? This is actually pretty commin. My aunt constantly has kittens iin her home. The strays seem to think that her house is the best place to give birth. Anyway, years ago she had this lab that looked out for the kittens and those kittens would do the same thing even though Ben was a boy and there was no way he could lactate. The moms were still there of course and the kittens did eventually stop.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:50 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• LOL thank you all, I just never experianced this before , i was thinking dam this world is ending animals are going crazy !
    Anonymous

• It means that you forced the kitten to wean too soon. If it's still wanting to nurse, it wasnt ready and obviously needs milk.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2009