Pregnant and possible gallbladder surgery...

I have gall stones and they have hurt me throughout the pregnancy (I'm 6mths) However, Sunday night I was hurting so bad; the worst pain i've ever felt...and I've gave birth before! Well my Step mother told me if I had an attack to drink pickle juice so I did and it stopped a min later. But 2 hours later I had another one intense but didnt last long. Wednesday at 3:30am I was woke up with the pain..It felt like my bones were crushing my whole chest and upper back hurt so bad; w/o a doubt worse than labor. So my hubby called doc and she said go to hospital to have it removed if didn't stop..luckily it stopped after 40min..oww...Next morning I called doc; she said to schedule appt w general surgeon. I'm worried about having surgery for obvious reasons but scared not to and my gall bladder rupturing. Would you do it? Please help I need some insight on this-thanks~

heartfrommyson

Asked by heartfrommyson at 11:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I almost did too, but it stopped. If you need to do it! Tolerating pain for large amounts of time during pregnancy can be bad for your blood pressure and hard on baby all around. If you need it do it! They will take good care of baby! GL!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Yes, it also can cause infection in your gall bladder. Go to your doctor and ask for liver tests to make sure you don't have serious issues. Get with a surgeon to talk about removal at the birth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• wow, I don't know what to tell you. I know what the gall bladder stones feel like, it was definately worse than labor. (and I've had 2 natural deliveries!) They took out my gall bladder 2 months after my oldest was born. All I can say is talk to your docs and find out the pros and cons of doing it now. Good luck!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 1:18 AM on Oct. 11, 2009