First time mommy questions sorry if you think there stupid!!!

If i get to big to shave do they shave you there or just leave it as is??? what are the chances of shitting while pushing??? if they dont cut me so i dont rip can i ask them 2 anyway???what can i expect???

excitedmomma2be

Asked by excitedmomma2be at 11:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nope they dont shave and 100% of the time they dont care what u look like down there they care about that baby and thats it, they have looked at far harier and stinkier crotches that yours and yours is a relief to them lol .

pooping while pushing, yep it happens it happened to me then i farted and gaged my docter that i didnt want delivering my son.lol i thought it was funny after the fact.

and yes they like to cut you insted of ripping and if you want to make a birth plan and choose to have a episiotomy its eisier to heal from a straight line then a jagged one ya know..

Go to "birthplan.com" and choose to create a new one you will have to put in email and all of that lovely stuff but its easy its basically checking things off
    kristi_prncess_

Answer by kristi_prncess_ at 11:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• They didn't shave me... Just left me as is. They ask how long it's been since your last BM and might give you an enema if need be. I ripped and he went ahead and cut me too. Can't really tell ya what to expect, just keep thinking that it will be all worth it in the end!!! Good luck!
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• 3 births, never been shaved.

You might poop, you might not. You won't notice and the nurses and doctor will be nice enough not to comment on it. (You are about to be a Mommy, don't say "shit" anymore)

Don't ask to be cut. You are far better off to tear naturally than be cut.

Take a piece of paper, try to tear it.
    Take another piece of paper, cut it some with scissors. Then try to tear it.

The pre-cut paper tears more easily and gets a bigger tear. The same thing happens with your vagina. The less tearing the better of you are. Don't ask to be cut.

Anonymous

• I had an episiotomy with my first born, it is NOT pretty.  I tore with my second and preferred that to being cut.  The tear healed easier and quicker and the pain didn't last past the day of giving birth.  I personally TRIED to SHIT on the nurse.  She pissed me off, so that was my goal.  Hey, whatever helps push the baby out, I guess, lol.  You can ASK to be shaved and most hospitals will give you an option on whether you want to be or not.  Dear, that will be the very last thing on your mind once you are in active labor.  Be strong. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• no...pretty good....you don't want to be cut unless its absolutely necessary...every birth is different, everybody is different.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• * No shaving, that's from the '50s. Now they know it leads to infection. :-(
    * Many women do poop in labor, it's normal and even a good thing: there is a baby right behind the poop.
    * Tearing can be prevented. But it's easier to heal than a cut. Look it up or ask your doctor/midwife. Most informed and respectful care providers know what is best (avoiding the episiotomy!).

What else to expect, oh so much! lol!
    I have a ton of info...

Are you taking any classes or reading books?
    Do you have a supportive partner?
    And care provider?
    Are you making a birth plan or having a birth doula?

You have a LOT of options!! The more you know what they are and make informed decisions, the better your birth experience can be! :-)

This is a very important day, it's nice to be prepared.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I have a very suportive bf and a birth plan i was just wondering...
    excitedmomma2be

Answer by excitedmomma2be at 11:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• i recently had my baby.they didnt shave me and i hadnt shaved since i couldnt see my cooch.lol
    the chance of you shitting while in labor depends on how much you ate before labor.i had 1 little turd my hubby said lol.
    dont ask them to cut you to tear naturally is better.i teared naturally and only had to get 2 stitches n i know because i asked how many stitches =)
    everyone experience in labor is different.some peoples contraction arent so bad some are hell.
    some people get c sections some dont.some make it to the hospital some dont.

dont get nervous b y some things i said im sure your pregnancy will go just as planned and very well.but always expect contractions.good luck and congrats
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• There is no medical reason for a dr to shave anymore, I don't know why dumbass doctors used to do that. I shaved myself just by feel but by the time i was a week overdue i was too big and too tired so i just left it and no one cared. The chances of going number two while pushing are basically the chances of if u have to go at that moment. if u dont have to go, u wont. but if u do have to go, it will come out, because ur using every single muscle down there to push out the baby. it shouldnt be a big deal though. if ur nurses and doctors aren't immature middle school kids, they wont go eww! they will just clean it up and continue with ur labor. and i would say if ur not ripping, u dont want to be cut! i had a baby and didnt rip or tear or get cut. u should hope for that. but if u do tear and they aren't cutting it, u can tell them to!!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I shaved myself until I gave birth and I got big, but no they don't shave you. I ripped with both my babies, I would never ask to be cut. I crapped with my first son, and had really bad gas with the second, I was embarrassed but they told me not to worry about it, happens all the time.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:51 AM on Oct. 11, 2009