Out of love?

When I was pregnant, my DH and I were crazy about sex, but now that our baby is 6 months I don't feel like having sex...I don't know why I just lost the interest on having it..I don't bother to kiss him either. He told me the other day that he is now seeing me as more like a friend, because we chat a lot but I'm confused...does this sound to you that I'm out of love? I care for him but I don't feel like I'm attracted to him...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• im in the same boat girl!!! im tryin to figure it out too! it sucks bc i WANT to have sex....but i have no urge. ugh it sucks. and just liek you...we were had sex allll the time when i was pregnant.
    Anonymous

• You're not alone. I think a lot of physical need is being fulfilled with the closeness you have with your baby. (Not sexual need obviously! I mean the closeness of another human being.)

Some days you feel like you've had someone hanging on you all day and you're tapped out. Right?

It'll take extra effort to make a sexual connection with your DH now. Don't let that spark die. It will get better as your baby requires less physical interaction with you.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 11:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• It happens a lot after birth. Hormones are still changing. Tell your doctor at your next check up.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• You're tired and your hormones are still messed up.
    You may not feel like having sex, but make a point to kiss him everyday. It will help you both.
    Anonymous

• Those damb HHHHHHHHHH's. When my 2nd was born I was like that. Not so much with my 1st. With my 3rd I was like a bunny. LOL! So hormones can go either way after birth. I had a little of both with the 1st and then from one extreme to the other with my other 2. My 2nd I did have to take post partum meds to bring me back to life in such a way. But with my 2nd I was all about me and MY baby gril. Like he never even contributed to making her. Selfish but my hormones were wacked out then. With my 3rd I wanted it from conception til birth and even after before I healed. Of course during that time I not always had sex but I wanted it. Hope that helps, and makes you realize you are not alone in the Hormonal Bitch Ride! LOL!
    Anonymous

• Get into therapy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Oct. 11, 2009