I honestly want to know how any homosexual can claim that God is OK with homosexuality when the bible clearly states otherwise.

A friend's brother is homosexual and his minister told him not to worry, that it isn't wrong. How can anyone come up with that idea, when the bible preaches otherwise? Homosexuals claiming to be Christians, I believe, are NOT Christians. You can argue even non-homosexuals sin, and that is true, but to truly follow God you must REPENT of your sin and do your best to change your ways... but to continue in a sinful lifestyle is NOT what God wants. I can see someone having homosexual feelings and not acting on them and being a Christian... but otherwise, I don't get how anyone can view homosexuality as OK in the Christian faith.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• So, let me get this straight.

Homosexuality=bad, evil, horrible, sinful.

But

Shellfish, poly-cotton blend, cloven-hooved animals such as pigs=okay?

Can't have everything, I'm afraid. If you're going to condemn one, you should condemn them all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• What about the fact that your Bible says one sin is not greater than the other.
    Anonymous

• Only in the Old Testament are the Jews told not to eat certain things, and I'm not sure where the shellfish and poly-cotton comes from....
    And I am not just talking homosexuality, but those who know they are sinning in general, claim to be Christians, and refuse to change.
    People having affairs, people who gossip continiually, lie continually, covet, etc etc etc.... even when the rest of their life style may deem them as "good people" that just isn't enough.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• isnt god suppose to forgive you? gay people cannot help who they love! and i think its very ignorant of you to feel this way! our world is changng and gays are being excepted more and more everyday! they are poeple too who cannot help the way they feel! and they love god and all of his teachings i would have to say that i know more gay people who are more christian than straight people! gays are being welcomed into churches wheather you like it or not, so get used to it!
    Anonymous

•  I can see someone having homosexual feelings and not acting on them and being a Christian...

Well, according to the bible dear, thinking something thats a "sin" is just as bad as actually doing the deed so I fail to see your logic.  Also, are you bored?  There are five million questions on here waiting to be answered instead of posting one that you already know is getting ready to create craploads of drama. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Troll
    Anonymous

• god forgives all sins so if there is a god and it is a sin to be homosexual, then wouldnt he forgive them????
    Anonymous

• ***Sure, I'm glad they believe in God and want to be Christians, but I want to know what CONVINCES them it isn't a sin? *******
    (YES people sin, it is the sin they don't repent of. People like porn, they can't help that... so they give it up. So, just because you want something, doesn't mean that you have to have it.... it is unfortunate that people have homosexual tendencies, and God says that to act on that is sinful... I don't get it, but it doesn't matter. Again, being a good person alone doesn't get you into heaven!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• God forgives the sins of those who repent and ask for forgiveness. You can't bounce through life doing whatever and expect to be forgiven!

Katrina... I see what you are saying... but temptation is different than thoughts and actions. If you are honestly TRYING NOT TO think those homosexual thoughts of attraction and don't succumb to the lifestyle, then I can see it. That is what I meant. Even Jesus was tempted, it is the giving in and acting on something, and being unrepentent (not wanting to change) that makes that sin different from others.

I am not trying to start drama. I just want to know... WHY do they think that way?
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• i hate ppl like u ur going to hell bitch not gay ppl
    Anonymous