What age do you think is "too young" to take your kid trick-or-treating?

I took my son when He wasn't even 5 months old..but only visited 4 or 5 houses. I wanted Him to have an awesome first Halloween, even though He wouldn't remember it, but I mainly wanted to show off the cutest baby skeleton ever. ;P

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 12:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, my daughter is 15 months and I'm not taking her, but we will dress up and answer the door to the trick or treaters.

I don't really think any age is too young. You only did a few houses. If you would have went to a bunch of houses and got a whole bunch of candy that clearly you were going to eat . . . well that may seem a bit tacky. But hey, who doesn't want to show off their adorable little baby in their costume! (We also have the costume . . . we just dressed her up and took pics . . . we didn't celebrate at all last year)
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I took mine for their first trick or treat at age 11 months. With my oldest it was to a church gathering and to families houses and that was all but yeah it was to show off the baby looking so cute cause they can't really have more then a piece or two of candy. It will be a few more places this year having an 11 month old and a 4 yr old.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 12:14 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't take my son until he was old enough to eat candy. I'd be embarrassed that people would think I was trying to get the candy for myself.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I agree with pp. My daughter was only 4 months old last October, and I really wanted to take her trick or treating, but her dad couldn't join us, so we didn't go. I just wanted to show off my little baby! :-)

This year, she'll be 15 months, and we're definitely going! But just for 30 minutes or so.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:28 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Stephanie-ALL parents eat the damn candy! It doesn't matter how old or young the child is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• lol Anon ^^^^ ain't that the truth! I used to have to hide the good stuff or my stepdad would eat it all!

I don't think there's a too young age...I didn't hold a bucket out; she had one in her stroller but we didn't ask; we just went for the tradition of it...some ppl gave her candy some didn't we didn't care...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 12:37 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• No age is too young (or too old) to have fun!!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:18 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• IDK- mine's 2, and we're not going. Maybe next year.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 1:38 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• if its younger then a week dont take the child ,otherwise make it adorable keep it warm and eat the candy it is given for being cute
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 2:49 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I don't think any age is too young. I've been taking my children since they were born. When they were babies we went to friends homes and the nursing home. The elderly people were so happy to hand out candy and see the children's costumes. Halloween is so much fun!!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:25 AM on Oct. 11, 2009