Need costume ideas for my 3 year old son! Any ideas? Im on a tight budget!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I got my 3 year old's costume from a thrift store. if you are not taboo about those places that may be an option for you.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Keisha has a great suggestion. This won't help this year, but last year we bought quite a few costumes after Halloween was over for practically nothing . . . just something to think about for next year.

There's always the "ghost" with a sheet idea. Or try the dollar store. You could even just dress him in black and buy some kind of mask. He's too young to really know the difference anyway . . . at the end of the day, it's all about the candy anyway! Good luck. I hope find/make something great!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Consignment store are great! Also check to see if any friends that have older children have old costumes that you coud use. There there are things like black clothes, make a tail and some ears to have a cat or dog. Similar could be done with almost any animal - sweat suit of one color, ears, and tail. Also a scarecrow or pirate. You can also do a search online for homemade/no sew halloween costumes and get some good ideas also.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 12:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• My son wore sweat pants, and I ripped the sleeves off an old sweatshirt. I bought a dowel and 2 styrofoam circles, spray painted the circles black and the dowel grey, and put the circles on the dowel to look like weights. He went as a body builder, and I spent less than $5
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• have him wear all black, maybe a red tie, put a little goatee on him, make him the devil, get little horns
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 2:43 AM on Oct. 11, 2009