Why do I get attacked for not agreeing with Halloween? You asked for opinions and you got one! Is there anyone out there that doesn't like Halloween?

So what if I don't like Halloween! I mean wow. Stupid, I get called a troll because I don't agree with the Holiday and I state my feelings. Guess what people, I am a mom, I have quite a few children. I'm not even really religious. Google the history of Halloween, it is based on evil and death. If you ask for people's opinions don' t expect everyone to agree with yours and then personally attack them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree with you OP
    Why introduce your kids to the dark side at such a young age it is confusing them! Voodoo and such do really use human sacrifices still today... many people go missing! beaware moms!
    4artistsmom

Answer by 4artistsmom at 12:22 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• It's not based on evil...honoring the dead; protecting oneself from the superstitions of the dead yes; but not evil...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I've gotten attacked on here for LIKING Halloween, so what? Why do you care so much what the other moms on here think? I don't appreciate being told that I celebrate evil and death just bc I see no problem in trick-or-treating and carving pumpkins...yet I've been told that by other moms on here. I don't let rude and ignorant opinions bother me, simple as that.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• # en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween
    here's one
    Anonymous

• Halloween grinch?  Where are you being attacked?  Is it me your talking about?  I wasn't "attacking" you, I'm sorry if you mistook what I was saying. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Well, I just feel bad for your kids when they hear all their friends talking about it. I think you're just too cheap to spend the money on costumes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• # halloweenhistory.org

No Katrina. I haven't seen you tonight yet!
    Anonymous

• Halloween grinch? Where are you being attacked? Is it me your talking about? I wasn't "attacking" you, I'm sorry if you mistook what I was saying.

Hey Katrina, how have you been babe? Are you being a mean grinch again?! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Well, it's that simple, look up the origin of the holiday, look up where trick or treating came from, what jack o lanterns are for, witches, skeletons, ghosts, look up where dressing up came from.

My kids are just fine with it thank you. So if other kids start wanting the latest $600 gaming system I should buy that for them too? My poor kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• A. I don't like halloween.
    B. That was not an attack, I read your thread, she in no way attacked you. Just disagreed.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2009