What helps to make a IUI successful ?

Example would be baby aspirin but just curious if anyone else did acupuncture, baby aspirin or anything else. Thanks for your help because I am doing my very first IUI and I need all the help I can get. Thanks Everyone!!!!

LL38

Asked by LL38 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Timing is the most important thing, and to have good timing monitoring is pretty important. I used PreSeed before I went in for my second IUI because they do not use any lubrication and the first one was pretty uncomfortable to me - if you don't have a problem with dryness it shouldn't matter. GL!
    Anonymous

• My DS is an IUI baby. It was my 4th month on Clomid, 2nd month taking baby asprin (not told by doc but had read about on fertility sites), I had a trigger shot and IUI at 36hours. We were told to (and followed) bed on Wed night, trigger shot on Thursday night, IUI Sat morning and bed on Sunday. After IUI I went home and took a nap for a few hours before I got up and around (I wasn't told to do this but I wanted to give swimmers time to get where they were going). I took an HPT everyday so that I could see when shot wore off (+ HPT 1dpo-6dpo due to shot, - HPT 7dpo-9dpo, faint + HPT on 10 dpo!). And I was sure it wouldn't work since I only had one viable egg that month! If we hadn't got our BFP I was going to go to for acupunture and move on to daily shots! (and after 2 months of using PreSeed I did not use that month). Baby dust your way!
    ABCmom6

Answer by ABCmom6 at 3:12 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• OK ABCmom6 you gave me some great info. I am also taking baby aspirin even though my RE said not to but I have read lots of positive things and I want to see if it make a difference. I am actually doing two IUi in one cycle and i am taking off work for both days and I will stay home and watch Tv laying down. I am also doing acupuncture after the IUI which i hope helps. Most people don't understand how bad I want this so i am trying every I can because we can't afford the IVF. I am going to do the same thing you did by testing with pregnancy test every day after the IUI just to see when the shots are out of my body!!!!Great idea!!!!!!Thanks
    LL38

Answer by LL38 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2009