Who else has the Mirena IUD? How long have you had it? Do you still get your period?

I've had it since late July 2007 and haven't had a period since March 2008..I don't miss it one bit! ha. I just wanted to know if this was common.

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 12:33 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I got my Mirena inserted, hmmm, maybe about November of last year. I thought I wasn't bleeding because of breastfeeding, but after I stopped I still never got a period. Still to this day, I don't get a period. No weight gain or skin side effects. It's not a systemic hormone, so I think people who say they gained weight or other things are looking for a scapegoat and the timing with the Mirena was perfect.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I had IUD and it scared me so bad inside i could hardly get PG! I would not do it if any plans in future to have baby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• It is kind of normal for blood to flow out, it has to come out or it will go into tumors that feed off it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Oct. 11, 2009