Pagan Education Site Help ~ PIOG

I am in the process of building a Pagan Education site. A site that will help everyone young and old to learn about Paganism as a whole and hopefully help to further the fight for tolerance and acceptance in general society. I want my site to cover not only the bare basics but also to be a place where new pagans can start to explore their beliefs and discover new ones...

So far, I have these areas covered:

What is Paganism (general & misconceptions, also has brief descriptions of a number of paths)
What is Wicca
What is Druidism
What is Asatru
Tools of the Craft
The Moon
The Gods (Ever growing list of Gods A-Z along with their basic info)
Celebrations

What else needs to be included? If you were new or didn't know what Paganism was what would your questions be?

Thanks in advance!
Gods Bless
Sabrina

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:45 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It would be really super awesome if you had like, a "priest/priestess" corner... a forum where seekers could ask expert pagan people (either people who have been on their path a long time or priests/priestesses) for insight into their explorations. I sure wish I had that. Maybe set one up for each path, and have an "admin" run each one. That would have helped me out a whole lot. Hell, it still would help me out a whole lot :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• That really is a great idea... I'll have to look in to finding "experts" that would be willing to work with me on this one... I'm Eclectic so I could do the General Pagan one, but I would need others...

Any takers? lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I would... I'm still pretty new, though, just entering my second year. I definately want to take part in your site when you get it finished, though... can you keep me updated?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Trust me, everyone will know. I was originally aiming for a Samhain launch, but I'm not to sure that's gonna happen!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• ... alright, just make sure I get the memo, k? lol ;)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Definately add a reading list, maybe have a place where people can rate them? I know for me that is my biggest struggle finding books that are good ones that have the information you really need and not the other fluff that gets put in to too many books, or even a list of authors would be helpful.

The only other thing that i can think of right now would be actually two things i just thought of another one, have a list of links for shopping resources and maybe a directory of local help?

I think this is awesome I cant wait to see the site :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:25 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I'm not Pagan, but I agree with the book list. I like learning(though I dont know much) about paganism. So I think the book list is a great idea. I'd love to see the site when its finished.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Thanks ladies. I do have a "shopping" section and will be linking with paganpacks as well as many of it's members to help bring everyone the best range of shops. I have also compiled a reading list but will be posting later for suggestions as to what should go on it!

Thanks again ladies!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Hi Sabrina.

I'd create a BOS with information on how to create rituals. You can tie that in with your tools of the craft.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:42 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I can't think of anything that the others haven't suggested, but I am excited to hear it will be ready soon!
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2009