DH wants a boy!

Ok, so, we have 2 DD's and I finally just convinced my DH to try for baby #3! (after months of talking about it) Anyway, he's heard that there are different tricks to make sure you have a boy, I think that's rediculous. What do you think? I know that "boy" sperm die faster than girl sperm, so if we do it when I'm actually ovulating instead of before, than that MIGHT work, but that's about it.

ginger813

Asked by ginger813 at 1:03 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yeah.....I know people who've tried some of those "trick's", and didn't necessarily get what they wanted. I suppose it's worth trying, but will he be upset if it's a girl??
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:25 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• no, he won't get upset...but since we already have 2 girls, it would be nice to have a boy. Actually, he said he apparently only makes girls sperm, so that's probably what we'll have! lol. I still have all of our baby clothes, so having another girl would be perfect financially.
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 1:28 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• there is something about the acidic level in you whoo whoo for a girl/boy? google it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• If you're willing to pay for it, you can get an IUI (about $200) and the sperm can be spun to get a boy, and it's actually quite successful.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:33 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I was told that if you eat alot of crackers that your chances of having a boy afe good. Don't know if it really works . but I tried it and I had a Boy.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:24 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• You should have sex on the exact day that you ovulate. Not a day before or a day later. Just that day.
    Anonymous