how is it possible to get my daughters dad to let her go places

how is it possible to get my daughters dad to let her go places when she wants to or needs too. she is only two but she likes to go places and not stay home all the time. she only goes with her aunts and he still gets upset over it. what can i do to help him get over it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Tell him that this is the way it has to be!!! Tell him to get over it and kids have to be kids, they have to go to birthday parties, and Girl Scouts and games and all over!!! What kid of childhood is it to stay home, and if his parents made him stay home all the time, did he enjoy growing up that way, or ask him if he wants better for his daughter!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 1:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• stand up to him, nicely but be a woman!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Awww, it's sweet that he wants to protect her all the time, but it's just not realistic. If she is only going with family, well then he needs to loosen up. My daughter is 15 months and has only spent the night away from us when she was with her grandparents. In fact, she has never been babysat by anyone but her grandparents, but if the situation arose, I would for sure allow her to sleep at my sister's house with my niece. That situation will probably happen soon enough and I can't wait . . or if my niece sleeps here. I just can't wait for sleepovers. It will be so much fun! Just tell him that she will be with people who love her as their own and you would never send her off with people that you didn't completely trust. Good luck, I hope he lightens up a bit.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Tell him socializing is a vital part of a child's life. However, if he fears something like exposure to the swine flu you might want to compromise and wait until flu season is over.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:42 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Tell him that she needs to be social, that is part of being human. He cannot keep her from people, from exploring her world, that is how she learns about her world. What is safe, what is fun. etc. She must be daddy's little girl, but he needs to let her explore and be social or she will not be a happy child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 11, 2009