Sodomy ~ Spin off of the oral sex question...

I was just reading some of the answer to the oral sex question and I was astounded at the number of Christian women that said the bible does NOT condemn Oral Sex. Honestly I though this was something that was generally known and yet ignored.

The bible condemns Sodomy in general, right? Well ladies, do you know what sodomy is?
Sodomy is defined as:
1. anal or oral copulation with a member of the opposite sex.
2. copulation with a member of the same sex.
3. bestiality.

There fore Sodomy DOES include oral sex. I see the argument made over and over in this section that Gay Relationships/Sex is biblically wrong because it's condemned in the bible. Yet how many of you are willing to take a bite out of your own enjoyment in order to fit that same mold? Or doesn't it apply to you if you aren't gay?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:09 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• well, if for no other reason, it is illegal in some states, so yeah, ya really should no the Webster dictionary version of sodomy.. you may not go to hell (depends on your interpretation of the biblical texts), but in some states, you could go to jail.

So sabrina, thank you for at least trying to educate a few minds who are obviously lacking some intelligence.. hope they don't live in states where it is still illegal, because I know I won't bail their uneducated minds out of jail. hehe
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:37 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• get over it bowen ,lol get a life!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Yes Sodomy is oral sex as well that is a fact
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• in the Bible Sodomy was referring to Sodom and Gamorrah not websters dictionary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• and you came to this conclusion and interpretation that everyone must obey how?

LOL your not even Christian and you think you tell me how to interpret my religion??

tell you what...I won't tell you how to hug a tree you leave how to interpret my bible to me--K?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• So you're all going to hell *rolls eyes*
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:19 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• but was that the definition of sodomy when the Bible was written? also, just to be a butt :)...when i looked up sodomy in a concordance all the verses came from the OT, except for one that was talking about women "exchanging natural relations for unnatural ones".

sorry, im just playing a little devil's advocate. i dont believe the Bible is 100% perfect, so i dont have to worry about "problems" like this...plus i dont much care for it, so i could give it up if necessary haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:21 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Again, I am amazed that no one can answer the question... Either the meaning of the word is wrong (even though the meaning is taken from useage in the bible) or the bible is... Now, You all know me not to be one to try to discredit religious beliefs... I simply ask that if you are going to spew them toward others in the hopes that THEY will change that you take a look at them and follow them yourself...

Please answer the question... IF it is wrong for Gays to have sex simply because the bible condemns Sodomy (which it does) then why is it okay for others to break this same rule just because they are not Gay?

And by the way my dear, I was raised Christian, I have learned this inside and out. I'm not telling you how to interpret anything, I'm simply asking a question...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:23 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Oral sex is ok and spoken about in the bible

Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the young men. In his shade I took great delight and sat down, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. (Song of Solomon 2:3)

thanks for the Webster quote but you hold very little weight in my religion.

It hurts to be wrong--but you will be ok
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Since I understand the secular definitions should not factor in to religious debates here is the definition from BibleStudy.org...

1.Copulation with a member of the same sex or with an animal.

2.Non-coital and especially anal or oral copulation with a member of the same sex.

Again - Same deffinition...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:28 AM on Oct. 11, 2009