still not sure what to do.

ok so i started timing my contractions cause l&d told me to drink water and lay down. so i have been and they are getting more consistant.. like every 2-3 min and lasting for 45- 90 seconds.. errg.. they arent what i imagine to be labor as in the worst pain ever but holy jesus they hurt enough to make me focus on breathing.. uuuuggggg this whole prego thing is driving me nuts.. cause i know that if i go into the hospital they'll check me and if im not dialated or whatever they will send me home.. gah.

so what should i do?? i really dont know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Personally I think you should head over. You're having them at the intervals they say you need to be in to go in...so do just that, go in. If you still aren't progressing with dilation they might offer a ripening gel or to walk, but they'll probably want you there so they can monitor you now. If you're really in doubt about going, at least call. & soon. Good luck mama!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:46 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• i dunno when ur hospital wants you to come in but ours wants me to come in when the contractions are 2-4minutes apart and a minute long i believe...so if you went to my hospital theyd say to come in

just call L&D and ask if its okay to come in now
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:46 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• 45 second contractions aren't generally serious, but if you're having them that close and you're having 90 minute contractions as well... it's probably time :) GOOD LUCK!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:47 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• 90 SECOND... sorry :p
    Ati_13

• You just have to decide whether you want to get it checked out or not. We can't really help you there, because everyone's labor is different. It makes a big difference how far you need to go to the hospital. If I was only 5 or 10 minutes away from the hospital, I wouldn't leave yet, personally. But I prefer to pretty much show up pushing. I HATE hospitals.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:16 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• how long did you track them for?
    and you are correct, if you show up and your not dilated the way they want you to be, then they will send you home. if i was you, i would show up pushing, but that's me. i'm like tyrelsmom, i don't like hospitals.
    oh, and how far along are you?
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:34 AM on Oct. 11, 2009