• In the Spotlight:

I feel silly but I need to know...

Okay so I was sitting down on my bed
naked
I just got out the shower
I moved and noticed a wet patch of discharge. Not a huge amount but more than normal and it came out pretty quick since I was only sitting for a couple minutes.

Anyway I went to wipe and there was a lot more of the discharge and a couple specks of blood.

Is this normal or did I maybe lose my mucus plug???
If I did lose it do i need to go to the hospital or call them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• did you just have sex? (sorry if TMI) this can cause blood in discharge
    it could be your mucus plug, but no need to go to the hospital. your mucus plug rebuilds itself constantly to keep your bag of waters protected. you only need to go to the hospital when your ctx are 3-4 min apart lasting 45sec-1min long or your water breaks (this is what your dr will probably tell you). oh, also if you have heavy bright red bleeding.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:30 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• did it look like snot?
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 2:06 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• i lost peices of my mucus plug for weeks before the rest came out but go ahead and call ur doctor to be safe..or if ur water breaks lol good luck mama
    firstimemomm603

• You don't need to go to the hospital for losing your mucus plug, if that is even what it is. Some women lose their mucus plug several times, it can regenerate. No need to go unless you're in labor. But it's not a silly question.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Just discharge most likely
    I have that happen even now and im not pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Thanks for the answers ladies
    I just got worried because I have been feeling crampy on and off all day so I dont know what it is

but I have a doctors appt and if he seems concerned he'll probably check it out

Thanks again
    Anonymous