My 2 year old has canker sores in his mouth

I noticed that my 2 year old was crying and pointing to his mouth, I had no idea what was wrong until this evening when I looked in his mouth for the 4th or 5th time and noticed them in the back of his cheek. I didn't know what to do, and he couldn't eat or drink so I put some baby teething gel on a tooth brush and swiped it over the sores, he cried for a second, but it actually helped. Now for the question: How do you get rid of canker sores?

loveme2

Asked by loveme2 at 2:01 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I get canker sores all the time. There is nothing you can do to get rid of them, they just get better on their own, normally after a week or so. You can give him tylenol to help with the pain. You can try to get him in to the doc on Monday to see if they will give him some numbing medication. I would avoid citrus too.

toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:24 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• go to wallgreens sweetie look it up on google maybe or here?
    4artistsmom

Answer by 4artistsmom at 2:04 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• if he will let you try putting salt on a qtip then rub it on them, or call the pharmacy they should be able to tell you what to do.........
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 2:21 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Oh gosh don't put salt on it! It probably won't help (I've tried gargling with salt water and it never does anything) and it will HURT like crazy.

toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:26 AM on Oct. 11, 2009