terrible sleep problem

My daughter, shes 21months, and I'm having the worst time getting her to sleep through the night. She used to be really good but now all of a sudden she wont take a nap during the day at all and has started going to bed anywhere from 6 to 9 but getting up at 11 or 12 and staying up until 2, and even then she screams for an hour before she finally falls asleep. At first i thought she wasnt feeling good but it has been a month now and she is feeling fine. The lack of sleep for me is starting to get to me and I'm wondering if there are any tips out there that can help me at all.

zoeybearsmama

Asked by zoeybearsmama at 2:38 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hi hun, I put my 2 1/2 year old down for a nap at 2:00 p.m. and then to bed at 10:00P.M.. In the evenings before bed, I will give him a bath, and then put him to bed. I find that reading or letting them watch a movie. ( I know thats considered a stimulation) But it helps especially if they are a little tired already, it just speeds up the process of them falling asleep. Even if they don't fall asleep right away, it still helps to get them into the routine of the nap time and sleep time for the night. Maybe when you put them down for their nap, you should take a nap yourself, just to charge your batteries for the rest of the day. It helps. My 2 year old had a weird sleep schedule before I actually made myself use a schedule and have others help as well. Good luck !
    loveme2

Answer by loveme2 at 3:25 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• thank u
    zoeybearsmama

Answer by zoeybearsmama at 6:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2009