The moby wrap

Has anyone used one? Do you like it? I bought one and it seemed so great but now trying to use it is so confusing. I haven't had my baby yet but just trying to get all that fabric where it is supposed to be is so hard.

xredstarsx

Asked by xredstarsx at 2:46 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Moby! I used the mirror for probably a week, just to make sure I was getting everything in the right place. It is confusing at first. I had printouts of how to wrap the thing and how to seat a baby tapped up next to the bathroom mirror, lol. Eventually, you do get the hang of it. By the time my son outgrew it at 14 months, I could put it on and put him in it while walking through parking lots. It should come easier after your baby is born since your belly is probably getting in the way of the fabric.
    The best thing about Moby, in my opinion, is that it evenly distributes baby's weight over both your shoulders and your back so there's no strain on any one part of your body. That makes carrying a larger baby so much easier!
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 3:00 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O78_qhy2eQ0

I Loved my moby. We used it up until my son was about 12 months (I still wear him but in a different type of carrier now that he's HUGE lol) . You get used to tying it. Just keep practicing :)

Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 3:24 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I LOVED my moby so much! I slung DD one day for around 8 hours of Christmas shopping and whatnot with my mom. She had breaks out of the sling to eat, nurse, diaper change, drive between stores, and a little play, but for the most part she was content all day. Best part? She was 18 lbs and 9 mos old and I had NO back pain.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:50 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Practice! Practice! Practice! There are many youtube videos on how to put these on and they are great! I prefer the sleepywrap brand over the moby wrap brand, though, because the sleepywrap is made from a more comfortable, flexible material.

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 9:07 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• i lov my moby too. srry to say i would've went crazy with out it in the first few months of having my baby. i agree with cassie... youtube helped me out a bunch. i watched it over nd over nd over nd kept tryn tryn tryn til i got it down pat
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 11:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I LOVE my Moby. My son is 4 weeks old so I haven't been using it long but it definitely gets easier the more you use it. I watched videos on youtube and looked at the Moby instructions several times before getting the hang of it.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 2:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2009