Anyone else experience this?

Im 38 weeks pregnant, and every few hours or so I'll get this big throbbing pain in my lower back. Its terribly painful, but it only lasts about a min.

KayLundy3

Asked by KayLundy3 at 3:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you may be experiencing back labor...I'd call L&D to ask them if you should come in to get checked.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:49 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• yep im 38 also and ive been getting it all night to the point where i cant bend over sit or stand for long ... i can just about lay down ... it dont bother me if im walking and i keep moving.
    kristi_prncess_

Answer by kristi_prncess_ at 8:07 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• You might also try getting on your hands and knees and slowly rocking your hips back and forth or having someone apply counterpressure and rub a tennis ball on your lower back. I had nothing but back labor with my daughter and it was very intense but these two things helped immensely. Good luck mama!

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 11, 2009