What is your favorite holiday? Why?

I might be kinda weird, but IMO the whole time from Thanksgiving-January 1st is considered my Christmas holiday. I LOVE Christmas. The day after Thanksgiving we normally go get our Christmas tree. This past year we were lucky enough to be able to go and choose and cut our own live tree down and it was gorgeous. All my Christmas decorations go up the week after Thanksgiving. I may put up a few things before Thanksgiving just to get the holiday feeling. I find Christmas to be a magical time of year, brings me back to my childhood every year. I remember how it felt, going to bed on Christmas eve waiting on Santa to come, and going to the candle light ceremony at the church on Christmas eve, then driving around looking at light displays. Now we fill the month between thanksgiving and Christmas with lots of Christmas themed events and outings and crafts, and we absolutely love it.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 3:35 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• its hard to pick,i love romantic cards,as well as having to wear green,hiding eggs,honoring our heroes,telling my parents they are great grandparents,dressing up,being thankful and celebrating CHRISTmas,i go crazy all the holidays but since your making me pick one ill say dec 25 i love the idea of bringing happiness to my son and knowing someone was born so i could have a better life.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:00 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• My favorite holiday is Halloween. Its the only time of year that you can get outrageous with the makeup and costumes, and be anything you want to be. It also makes you reminisce about the days of being a kid and trick or treating with all of your neighborhood friends, Halloween parties and games you would play on Halloween night. Besides, the pictures make the best memories!
    loveme2

Answer by loveme2 at 3:39 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Ya know, even though we never got to celebrate Christmas (My egg donor was a Jehovah's Witness) we still got to go visit family. (Because that's the only time everyone was ever all together.) So that is my favorite holiday. I LOVE Thanksgiving, too. I like all of the other holidays, but those would have to be my favorites.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 3:56 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I love christmas. Just always have the smells the decorations. I get so giddy at christmas time LOL.
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 4:23 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• CHRISTMAS!!! i love the chilly weather and the excuse to get close to the one you love! and not to mention the hot coco! i love all the lights and decortations and all the presents under the tree! its really the only holiday that makes me super happy! and i know i sound like a total cheese ball, but just talking about it right now has me excited lol
    im such a dork, im going to stop now lmao
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 5:21 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I love Christmas. Id love it more if I lived some where I got snow. LOL
    Halloween is ok Thanksgiving it alright but Christmas is my favorite. I also love Valentines day.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:35 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Thanksgiving, I love having the family all together. A very close second would be Easter--my 3rd ds was born on Easter Sunday,
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 6:00 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Thanksgiving, hands down. It's such a relaxing day to just get together, eat yummy food, and be reminded of all of God's boutiful blessings. LOVE IT!
    tel4him

Answer by tel4him at 7:46 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• July 4th , I love summer, parades and outdoor family gatherings
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 8:29 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Thanksgiving. I don't do any other holidays. I think Christmas has turned into a mockery. There are many who have lost its meaning and turned it into a shop fest to try to buy acceptance of others, especially their kids.That's sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Oct. 11, 2009