Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ex-husband has not paid me child support since last October.

He still gets to see the kids which I don't see as fair, but that's the way it goes with the system. Anyway have any similar situation or advice on what I can do about this. He also is more of a big playmate then a dad anyway and when the kids are there there is no structure, no bedtime, tons of sugar and no adequate attention paid to them. This said, they are only 4 years old so there opinions don't count and apparently neither do mine. Thanks

Answer Question

Asked by meech0315 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Contact the IRS. They will send you a form which will allow them to intercept his taxes and send them to you via child support. There is a law here in Maryland that will suspend his driver license. Check to see what the laws are in your state. Good Luck and God Bless

    Answer by TutsMom at 9:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

  • I don't know how you do it, but my sister was having a problem getting her money from her daughters sperm donor, so she had it taken out of his paycheck. The state gave her a child support card, and before he even gets his check they take the money out and add it to her card. He doesn't even have to tell them when he switches jobs, they just know off his social and she hasn't had a problem till just now, because he is off work for 6 weeks because of getting hurt at work.
    I would def try this approach, less you have to deal with him, but your still getting your money.

    Answer by mamashearer at 10:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

  • I am in Mass I don't know what the laws are where you are but my husband's child support comes right out of his check he has never missed a payment and actually overpays at this point because his son is 20 and they never changed to amount for the 2 kids. Whatever, amyway you should do what Tutsmom says and contact the IRS or take the bastard to court to get what is due to your kids.

    Answer by momto1727 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

  • My daughter's biological owes me 9,100 dollars. and never pays me or send birthday card or anything!!
    and child support is no help.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

  • im so thankful I havent went through that to this day hope it never comes...i really give u women props dont know how u do it. but i sure as hell would get back at his ass somehow cant u go to court for that? i mean i heard if he aint paying child support u can get his wages docked through the system

    Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

  • report him to child support... they will give you all the necessary info you need for your region and will get everything back in order for you

    Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 11:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

  • it's not fair to us who still meet the kids needs, but that's the way it goes you still can't keep the kids from him because he doesn't pay in Texas, call the child support folks and ask if they can send him a notice after so many time they will lock him up, and when my x is working i always find out where he's working at call them report it and they will garnish his checks, unless it's under the table, when he files his taxes, irs will send what he owes to me. you know back pay for child support. when i filled i didn't use a lawyer i went the child support office and they took care of it.

    Answer by USNDABABIES at 2:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

  • my ex husband did pay me for over a year i went to and found his bank account. good luck

    Answer by 1HAPPYMOM1 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2008

  • My ex tried to pull the same thing but I fished until I got the information that I needed. I found out where he worked the address his S.S. # gave this information to the child support case worker and they now take my money straight out of his check. And as far as anything else unless you feel your children are in danger I would n't worry about what he is doing he just wants to try to make up for not being there so he is trying to be the fun parent. That of corse makes our job harder as the parent who does the disiplining and has structure in the home but we have to do what we have to do to make sure our children are taken care of.

    Answer by gena28 at 9:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.