could little bumps be a diaper rash?

I noticed that my baby had small bumps on the inside of her leg, near her girl parts. I thought it was diaper rash, though i change her often, but now I see more. What could it be or should I just go see her doctor. This makes me sad because I am not sure what it could be.

mylilladybug

Asked by mylilladybug at 7:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Most likely diaper rash
    Use sensitive skin wipes
    Put cream on I use desitene SP??
    If it doesnt go away soon tho take her to the Dr they may have to give you something.
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 7:41 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• it may be yeast and the doctor can give you nystatin to clear it up. If diaper rash cream like Butt Paste doesn't work.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:04 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• A yeast rash will be a red patch with little satellite red bumps around it. You can use the Monistat external yeast cream. It's the same thing as Nystatin only OTC and less expensive (this from my pediatrician who told me to use the monistat).

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 9:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• My daughter just went to the doctor, I would bring her in, if the little bumps start bleeding it could become infected even more, my baby girl is on two RX ointments and desitin. Dont use any monistat untill you talk to your doctor. But try giving her a baking soda tub. Just let her play for a bit.
    Bratch1707

Answer by Bratch1707 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• It could even be heat rash ...how old is she? Is she more active recently than she used to be? The diaper could just be rubbing against her while she sweats creating heat rash. A little baby powder in that area might help dry up the wetness.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 11, 2009