Just wondering Sorry if some make this in to a bull post not meaning to start anything just really wondering

Blacks these days talk all about the slavery thing , well I read earlier this week about obamas wife being related to a slave girl who grew up to have kids with a white man .
So my question is how are some blacks complaining about the families that may or may not had owned their ansetors when they themselves could in fact be related to the ones that owned them?
Wouldnt that make their family to blame too for the slavery of their own family?
Races are so mixed noone knows who exactly owned slaves.
RIght?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• At this point in life it shouldn't matter. We should live today as who WE are as people not who our ancestors were or did. Our experiences in life (including our family history and culture) make us who we are today. That's all good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Ooooh boy, you are asking for it! I'm glad I'm not you after posting that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Agreed, and good point. It is time to let it all go. Didn't a recent president apologize for slavery? Can't we just move on? I love being friends with people from all cultures, it is such a shame that people from my own country shut me out before they even know me. Let's start over from now.
    calico1954

Answer by calico1954 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• ^^^ Ditto. I didn't do it, I know none of my ancestors owned slaves (both grandparents came from different countries). It's a terrible thing in history, but I don't see Japanese bringing up the mistakes of our past, and that happened A LOT more recently than slavery did!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Michele Obama is related to a person who was informally adopted by a slave. She, herself, was not a slave. There is no slavery directly linked to the FLOTUS. She wants there to be really bad though. He, however, better not even try to make that connection.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Who cares about Michelle Obamas Ancestors? I mean, who really cares? Her husband is the friggin president of the united states. When are black people going to stop complaining about the past. There were white slave owners and there were black slave owners. Who cares?! It's so time to let this go! Why are we still talking about it?
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• i agree with all. LETS MOVE THE FUCK ON!!!!
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 10:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• ok yea totally! watta'bout the native american's? they had'a shitty past but u don't hear'em bitchin'! blacks(NOT ALL) just want an excuse 4 there dumbasses! stop blamin'the past! how long ago was it we had slaves? come on!!!! GOOD POST
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• History should never be forgotten because we don't ever want to repeat it, but we all need to forgive, allow our hearts to heal, and move on.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Actually. you trashy racists need to get over the fact that you can no longer trample all over black people's rights like you want to do. GET OVER IT, SERIOUSLY.The fact that a relative of Michelle Obama may have owned slaves is no big whoop. I think most black Americans learned during the one month that we could learn our history that it was not uncommon for white slave owners to have their pick of their slaves. So big deal. No big surprise there. I'll bet it was a white person who did this "research" to get some race baiting and hatred going on. I don't know of ANY black people who complain about slavery- most of the comments I hear are how closeted and sneaky people are with their hatred and discrimination THESE days.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 11:54 AM on Oct. 11, 2009