If you have children of both sexes...

I was wondering if you're pregnancy symptoms when you were having a girl were not at all/a lot/or maybe a little different from when you having a boy...what differences did you notice or do you think there is no difference? Just wondering...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my son I had no symptoms at all .
    I didnt even feel pregnant .
    With my daughter I was horribly sick and even on bed rest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• My kids were 15 mos apart. The only difference there was between symptoms was these 2 things - but both were due to other circumstances (lol - as you'll see...)

With my dd, there wasn't a change in my period - because it hadn't started again from having my ds ( he was 6 mos old and I was nursing him).

Also, the sight of raw meat made me ill with my dd early on. But, with my ds, during the early stages my dh and I were both living in a military barracks (we didn't have a house yet), so I wasn't cooking or buying or, basically being around raw meat, so for all I know, raw meat would have made me sick then, too.

But everything else was pretty much the same.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• nope. all three of my pregnancies were significantly different... 2 boys, 1 girl.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:14 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• With my son, i was never sick, I was the healthiest pregnant person in the world, no morning sickness or anything. I was just a little tired in my first trimester, but that is normal across the board. With my first girl, I was sick 24/7 the whole pregnancy and couldnt even sleep in my bed. I had constant heartburn, even with kool aid. I didnt throw up a lot, but was just miserable and sick the whole time. My second girl wasnt quite as bad as the first, but I did throw up a lot, but with no rhyme or reason, I could just be going along fine and then find myself with my head in the toilet for like 2 hours at a time. So, I was way sicker with my girls. (on another curious note, my girls are usually sick with colds and allergies and anything else that comes along and my son is NEVER sick.....hmmmmm, I wonder if there is a connection?)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 10:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• honestly i had no difference at all! i have a daughter and am now pregnant with our son and the pregnancy is going identicle to my first. the babies even have the same heart rate, and i crave the same things! i wouldn't believe too much in the old wives tales..they weren't true for me at all!
    kylismomma

Answer by kylismomma at 11:06 AM on Oct. 11, 2009