If you had the opportunity to counter-protest a hate group, what would your sign say?

If you had the opportunity to counter-protest a protest by a hate group, a group outspoked in hatred towards ANYONE who is different than them and who uses their bizzare interpretation of the Bible to slander, harass and defame others....

what would your sign say?

I'm looking for simple and effective statements that will get a powerful point across without lowering myself to their obscene and childish level.

(I am a Christian BTW)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm affiliated with a group that, at the places I've lived, has been protested on several occasions. Honestly, I've found the best response is to simply not acknowledge them in any way - don't counter protest, don't even acknowledge that they're breathing the same air you are.

The only exception to this is how the Patriot Riders do it, which, honestly, isn't all that different from what I described. When people protest at military funerals and stuff, they'll come - ONLY if they are invited by the family of the deceased, and basically line up to form a human wall between the protesters and the mourners. They don't engage the protesters in any way - they don't talk to them, they don't have signs of their own to counter it, nothing.

Just their presence, quietly paying their respects to those that they support, and ignoring the actions of the ignorant. That speaks very loudly in and of itself.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:25 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• It would say, GOD LOVES EVERYONE EQUALLY, WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE?

Answer by older at 9:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• btw - this isn't to say that I don't think there's a time and place to protest, but I think sometimes the very act of counter protesting draws more attention to the first group of protesters than they would have had to begin with, kwim?
    sailorwifenmom

• I wouldn't make a sign. If I where you I would have yourself and anyone that goes with you put on angel wings and block them out like how they did at Matthew Shepard's funeral.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• "My Children were MY Choice"
    "Don't Like Abortion; Don't Have One"

As for someone protesting at a funeral; I'm afraid I'd cause a scene. No counter-msg signs or anything; just me screaming at them about what POS's they are for having such little respect for the deceased and the family left behind.

There is a time and a place for protesting yes; funerals & births are NEVER one of those times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Photobucket

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:53 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I agree with ANON 9:38.... I hate it when I see old people and men protesting abortion. They can't have babies. They don't know about the different circumstances of pregnancy. It really gets on my nerves to see them.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:55 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• "I hate it when I see old people and men protesting abortion." --- those men and old people protesting were once fetuses though. I am sure they know they would not be there to protest if their mother's had not taken care of them and denied abortion
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• old people and men are touched by abortion because their baby might be murdered. They are for the murdered babies that woman are so selfish and evil to kill.

As for protesting the protesters. I did it during both Iraq wars. The sign said I can't believe there are so many idiots looking for a village.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I must say that I think men have every right to protest abortion. It is not fair that a woman can abort their child even if they want the baby. They have no control and no say. I think it is tragic. JMO. Abortion affects everyone. And why can't old people protest, LOL??? Just because they can't have children anymore they lose a right to an opinion! So the only one who deserves an opinion is a woman of childbearing years?

Well, I am a woman of childbearing years . . . my opinion is pro-life. But you probably want me to shut up too!!! LOL.

Anyways, my favorite abortion sign says, "I regret my abortion" -- there is not judgment or condemnation in that one, just understanding and compassion. It shows love rather than hate. Good question.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:46 AM on Oct. 11, 2009