Babysitter ?????

I am trying to find a babysitter for my daughter who is 14 months old. This will be the first time that someone other then relatives will be watching her. Anyway I try to look online but everyone want a membership fee. Is there another means of finding a good babysitter. I have no friends or neighbors so I cant ask anyone. Thanks for the help

drs1206

Asked by drs1206 at 9:25 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• post an ad in the paper,it only cost like 2 dollars if that
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:29 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• also try craigslist
    angelairelan

• I would call the American Red Cross, they have a babysitters class, or the YMCA they might have one as well. Or your local church. All of which will give you a younger person, but I babysat kids that age when I was a teen. You might also try a local MOPs club, they might be willing to do it or know of a great sitter.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• where do you live? There may be different resources depending on where you are ya know?
    Anonymous

• Get a high school girl that has younger siblings and is homeschooled. These kids are usually use to taking care of their siblings. You can find homeschool co-ops in your area by asking at the library. Homeschoolers use the library regularly for their school work. Also Amish and Mennonites would take good care of your baby. These children know how to take care of siblings and are patient and loving. Make sure you get references. That way you can call these people and see what this person is really like. People scrutinize others that are different and they will have watched them like a hawk. I hated letting just anyone watch my kids. We got two high school girls on different occasions. They were both mean and hard on my kids. The best bet is to let relatives or close friends watch your baby. I hope your journey takes you to a wonderful, loving, sweet sitter who will watch your baby as her own. Hope this helps.
    1daughter5sons

Answer by 1daughter5sons at 4:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2009