Moms of left handed children...

Where do you buy leftie scissors? I've looked everywhere- kmart, walmart, michaels, target. No luck. The kiddie scissors all say left or right handed, but they are still very awkward for dd. Her last daycare had specific leftie scissors and they worked wonderfully.

ave.maria.

Asked by ave.maria. at 9:28 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• http://www.shopscissors.com/left-handed-scissors-c-33.html?kw=left%20handed%20scissors&gclid=CNmXyIaRtZ0CFQ0aswodqSulkA

Try that. Them have some good ones.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• you could teach her how to use righty scissors, i'm a lefty but only write & use a fork/spoon with my left hand, because there were no lefty scissors & everything else lefty when i was little. so i'm slightly ambidextrous, which is useful.

Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 10:48 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Ask the teacher where they ordered them from and if they can order you a couple of pairs when they place their next order or if they can give you the name of the company they use. I have a bunch of teacher supply catalogs at work, I can message you tomorrow with the websites and you can see if they have lefty scissors.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• As a lefty I don't know, I use my right hand to cut with. If the last daycare had them call and ask them. You daughter is lucky to have a mom that is willing to look for things like that.  It was definatly a right handed world whenI was growing up. 

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• My leftie daughter and husband both used to learn righty tools. My daughter has never used leftie scissors and I don't know if they were even available back in the 70's when my husband was a boy.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:03 AM on Oct. 12, 2009