Symptoms of Sinusitis and what should i Do?

Ok so my ears are hurting, the pressure in my head is killing me, and i have congestion really bad. Should i go to emergency room and get checked out. I've had a history of sinusitis while pregnant. But this feels worse. My head is killing me i'm actually surprised i'm on this computer. But i guess i have no where else to turn but here ya know. Oh yea and i'm coughing up green flem. ITS GROSS..and my chest is tight as crap.

LindaButler0507

Asked by LindaButler0507 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when i felt like that i was 36weeks preg. and went to the ER. It was on a Sunday and im glad i went because i was dehydrated and also had bronchitis. But i usually get that twice a year. It sounds like you have a sinus infection and may need antibiotics. It won't hurt to get checked out.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• thank you for the advise.
    LindaButler0507

Answer by LindaButler0507 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• If you are already majorly clogged you will have to get antibiotics but for next time, keep your sinuses washed out with a Neti Pot. It's amazing. Every time my sinuses feel like they even MIGHT be getting clogged up I use it and I'm fine. It cleans out the bacteria and stuff that causes problems. It won't hurt you or the baby. Google neti pot. I got mine at Target. I know they have them at CVS, too.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:19 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I am on antibiotics now for it. Mine was so bad that I couldn't blow my nose, everything was just stuck up there. The doctor told me that if your teeth/jaw hurt then you probably need antibiotics for it. If you weren't pregnant I would say try sudafed first, I think just go to the doctor.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I don't think you should go to the ER. There will be a long wait. You may be exposed to swine flu, dangerous for pregnant women. They shouldn't give you antibiotics for a couple of weeks to make sure it's not viral. Often they give you drugs because people get upset if they leave the ER with nothing. A sinus infection and bronchitis is no big deal (infection wise) in a healthy person. You should be able to fight this off.

I agree with the Neti Pot if you can stand it. Nasal saline isn't as bad but doesn't work as well. What works best for me is taking a shower. Don't be around any environmental tobacco smoke.

I have immune deficiencies and no IgA to protect my sinuses. My sinuses are a mess. I know way too much about sinus infections and bronchitis. This is not something that can't wait until Monday when you can call your doctor.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:31 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I have a sinus infection right now, but I'm not pregnant. When I was it was 10X worse. Try making an appt with your primary doctor tomorrow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• It sounds like it's progressed to a sinus infection. You need to get antibiotics to clear it up, or it could affect the baby.
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 11:19 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Yeah, I would go to the ER or a walkin/urgent care clinic and get checked out. I don't know if they will give you anything or not while pregnant but I would get checked out anyway.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I was gonna suggest neti pot but you are beyond getting anything in there. I may not go to the ER either. We are getting over the flu ourselves here. Recently were in the hosp visiting someone else and made the mistake of walking through the ER and there were so many sick people there everywhere throwing up and just yuck! go to your OB tomorrow....but call him today and let him know what is going on. If he feels you need to go into the hosp he should meet you there or have arrangements made to go into your women's center. I hope you feel better.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2009