does your husband or so look at other women?

i was with my father in law yesterday, riding in the car. and everytime i'm with him its no different, hes pointing out people walking down the street, 'oh shes cute' 'oh shes hot' i'm used to it by now. then he asks me if my husband looks at other women. i said 'i haven't ever noticed him do it . i don't think he does. hes never does it in front of me anyway.' and he said 'well, everyone looks. when they stop looking, there is a problem.' my husband said he doesnt go around like his dad looking for attractive people, but sometimes you can't help but notice if someone is attractive. as long as he isn't like his dad i guess i'm ok with it. i know you can't help but notice sometimes, but it bothers me a little that when i'm not around he might be looking at other women.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband looks at other women and it used to bother me now it doesn't because I see men that look nice and I may look but thats it. I'd rather him look than to touch. Thats just how I feel about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• You will drive yourself insane thinking about him looking at other women when you aren't around.  Everyone has eyes, everyone who can look, does.  It doesn't mean that he is thinking about another woman in a sexual manner.  We have a "2 second rule".  My husband and I both agree that STARING DOWN someone else is disrespectful to each other.  We glance, we look away, we move on.  My husbands step dad is like that also.  It's freaking disgusting.  Like any of those women would give him a chance, lol.  ;)

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• My guy does, but not in an interested way.. if that makes sense.. and he doesn't ever say stuff like, "She is hot." We also live in a really small town and know most of the people walking down the road so I think for him it is more out of wondering who it is.. and he really only does it in the car, not when we're out places or anything..
    Anonymous

• It's human nature.. Yes, guys notice and look at other girls, same with girls. What is the harm in them looking or even commenting when a girl is cute? I kinda agree if a guy is too scared to look at another girl or acts like he doesn't i'd really start to question what the deal is. It bothers you that he might be looking at other women when you're not around? What do you expect him to do, just not even notice other people just because he's with you? Someone doesn't stop noticing an attractive person just because they are dating or married to someone else. It doesn't work like that. As long as he isn't pursuing other girls I see no harm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• It sounds like your FIL may be a little skeezy about it, but of course men notice other women! They'd have to be blind not to. I notice other men-- when someone particularly attractive walks by me in the grocery store of course I notice! Just because someone attractive is noted on the 'radar' doesn't mean anything is wrong. It sounds like your husband is very respectful of you-- he has chosen to be honest with you about it, but he's not leering at other women with or without you there--- he just notices. Be thankful.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 11:02 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• He not only looks at them but sleeps with them too.

(I just found this out and I'm still seething mad at him as you can tell)

* to answer your curiosity about father in laws behavior...it's normal male behavior. It's one thing to look at the menu of side orders but it's never never okay to order. So as long as he isn't ordering from the menu, (and this includes your hubby too) I wouldn't put too much stock in his stares.

I'd be lying if i said I didn't think a guy or two i've seen in a store or at a stop light wasn't good looking and even grinned or waved back if they did the same. But that doesn't mean i hold up a sign with my digits or put them on the back of a store receipt for him to call me. It's fun, it's innocent, and that's where I draw the line and "perusing the opposite sex". Anything more that an innocent smile or laugh is asking for trouble. It's just refreshing to know after 7 babies I still "got it" LOL
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I'm sure my dh notices when an attractive woman walks by, but he never stares or comments. He has a much higher standard for "pretty" than I do.

Answer by missanc at 11:19 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Ppl look at other ppl. It's just a way of life. It doesn't mean anything.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:24 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• i know what you mean. men are pigs. i wish i could be a lesbian, if only i liked vaginas sexually - i would love to be a lesbian, because mentally, im much more atttracted to women.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:34 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• women look at other men too... if i'm with my mom or one of my friends & i notice a nice looking man i'll say" did you see him?" lol i'm sure my dh does the same thing, as long as we don't do it in front of each other we're cool
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 11, 2009